Tuesday 23 September 2008

Northern Lights

I saw my first Northern Lights last week while training the dogs with a guide late in the evening. And what a show!!
Stripes of green lights started following us through the forest. They started changing shapes, then the intensity of the green increased and decreased continously, then, the most beautiful show I've ever seen started.
A stripe of green broke into what seemed to be a piano keyboard. Then each "key" changed colour very quickly, like if a hand had been running through the keyboard. Green, yellow, pink... It was an amazing sight. Even the guide who had been up North for a while was amazed. My jaw "dropped" many times that evening and no words could express the magical feeling that was in the air.

And no, the dogs don't howl when the Northern Lights are on, as I've seen in some bad Hollywood movie...

No comments: